There's always those select few things about the holidays that put us in the holiday spirit. For me there are quite a few- donating food items to the local food bank, holiday music, getting an unexpected gift, a stranger's kindness and good cheer, and my mom's famous chocolate cake!
If you know what I'm talking about you probably could pin point some of yours too, and they're probably connected to a favorite memory in your life that you can recall.
As a parent or a mentor in a small child's life, it is your turn to help create those memories that will last a lifetime.
Here are a handful of ways to do just that...
1) Telling stories about what the holidays are all about and how they came to be.
2) Involving them in a baking/cooking/making a secret family recipe.
3) Decorating the house in festive decorations (homemade or otherwise).
4) Volunteering at a soup kitchen, etc.
5) Writing holiday cards with pictures and words of cheer to friends and family.
6) Making a holiday tradition- whatever that is for you. It could be anything from watching a certain movie, playing a certain sport or game with family, telling certain stories, looking at old holiday family pictures, and more.
Send pictures of your holiday fun to win
20% off your next date night!
xoxo, Team ELM
They always say, "It takes a village." A saying that proves to be true in Team ELM’s world for sure. Sarah Lakatos, one of our newest Family Managers, is being honored this week in our weekly blog for her contributions to our village.
Sarah has been one of our childcare providers to many of our families. She does her work with kindness, care, and a smile, always looking to do her best to care for each child she is with. Sarah has been an essential part of our administrative team as well- making sure that all pieces of our puzzle fit together. Our upcoming fundraiser at the Devils vs. Phillies game is in honor of Sarah and her own personal fight which you can read about below!
Thank you Sarah for all that you do and for supporting our business!
Posts written by the Team ELM family!