There's always those select few things about the holidays that put us in the holiday spirit. For me there are quite a few- donating food items to the local food bank, holiday music, getting an unexpected gift, a stranger's kindness and good cheer, and my mom's famous chocolate cake!
If you know what I'm talking about you probably could pin point some of yours too, and they're probably connected to a favorite memory in your life that you can recall.
As a parent or a mentor in a small child's life, it is your turn to help create those memories that will last a lifetime.
Here are a handful of ways to do just that...
1) Telling stories about what the holidays are all about and how they came to be.
2) Involving them in a baking/cooking/making a secret family recipe.
3) Decorating the house in festive decorations (homemade or otherwise).
4) Volunteering at a soup kitchen, etc.
5) Writing holiday cards with pictures and words of cheer to friends and family.
6) Making a holiday tradition- whatever that is for you. It could be anything from watching a certain movie, playing a certain sport or game with family, telling certain stories, looking at old holiday family pictures, and more.
Send pictures of your holiday fun to win 20% off your next date night!