Seeing how hard it's become to encourage kids to stay active and social during COVID, we have come up with a list of suggestions to do so while staying safe during COVID!
1) Join a book club! - Not only will this provide an educational benefit, but your kids will regularly keep in touch with a group of their peers and have an opportunity to participate in interesting discourse.
2) Play in your neighborhood! - Encourage your kids to play and exercise in the neighborhood while keeping social distancing in mind. Maybe everyone can practice yoga in their front yards!
3) Plan a game night! - You can plan a regular game night where you invite family and friends to join over zoom. You will have fun and your kids will maintain some socialization with familiar faces. You can include online games like the Wii or websites that offer online activities through video chat such as Caribu or Messenger Kids.
4) Write letters! - Suggest your kids to write letters to loved ones! Not only does this teach them the charm of handwritten letters, it keeps them connected to people in a personal way.
5) Read! - You can even read books or do activities about social situations and talk them through with your kids. Ask them questions about how they feel and what they think after reading and engage them in discussion.
Consider implementing a few of these ideas into your child’s routine to keep them engaged and social while keeping COVID precautions in mind!
Posts written by the Team ELM family!